Parsol 1789 (avobenzone), UVA filter
Also known as Avobenzone, Parsol 1789 is a UVA filter. Unlike most other organic UVA filters, Parsol 1789 provides broad-spectrum protection, including the longer wavelength UVA-I (340—400 nm).
Most UV radiation that reaches Earth is in the form of UVA. Damaging UVA rays penetrate the epidermis and dermis more deeply than UVB rays. Recent studies have demonstrated that chronic exposure to UVA can cause structural cell damage and possibly even lead to cancer. UVA rays damage the collagen and elastic fibres that give skin its shape, definition and suppleness. Exposure to UVA rays leads to wrinkling and, eventually, premature skin aging.
When combined with UVB filters, it is possible to formulate a skin care product that helps prevent the formation of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and potential skin cancer.
The following products contain PARSOL 1789 (avobenzone) and UVB filters:
- Reversa urban protection hydrating care SPF 30
- Reversa anti-wrinkle cream SPF 30
- Reversa radiance cream SPF 30
- Reversa anti-wrinkle cream SPF 15
- Reversa anti-wrinkle fluid SPF 15
- Reversa anti-wrinkle eye contour cream SPF 15
- Reversa UV anti-spot lightening cream
Back to ingredients' index