Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from sugar cane. It has the ability to penetrate skin surface layers due to its small molecular size. It is in fact the smallest AHA. Glycolic acid stimulates exfoliation and cell regeneration, leaving skin looking smoother, younger and healthier. It effectively unglues the outer layer of dead cells and helps increase cell turnover, thus allowing healthier cells to rise to the surface of the skin more quickly than they
Using glycolic acid will bring numerous benefits to the skin:
- Improvement in skin texture and colour
- Improvement in the appearance of dry, thickened, sun-damaged skin
- Better skin hydration
- Fresher, rejuvenated complexion
- Reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and age spots
- Unclogging of pores
- Normalization of the skin surface layers
Because it penetrates the skin so quickly, glycolic acid may occasionally cause sensory irritation to people with sensitive skin. This occurs as a stinging, burning or itching sensation that may cause some to stop using the product and miss out on its rejuvenating effects.
That’s why all Reversa products containing glycolic acid feature the patented Time-Release Glyco-Comfort System™, that releases the anti-aging formula over an extended period of time. Together with a special amino acid (Arginine) and the skin protectant Allantoin, it helps soften the skin and reduce the stinging sensation sometimes experienced by people with sensitive skin using glycolic acid for the first time.
For more information on the Time-Release Glyco-Comfort System™, click here.
The following products contain glycolic acid:
- Reversa UV Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15
- Reversa UV Anti-Wrinkle Fluid SPF 15
- Reversa UV Anti-Wrinkle Eye Contour Cream SPF 15
- Reversa UV Anti-Spot Lightening Cream SPF 15
- Reversa Anti-Spot Night Care
- Reversa Corrective Night Cream
- Reversa Skin Smoothing Cream
- Reversa Skin Smoothing Body Lotion
- Reversa Solution for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin
Back to ingredients' index